St. Louis County Death Certificate Index
This is an index to death certificates filed in St. Louis County, Minnesota, 1870-2000. Included in the index is name, date of death, certificate number, and a location/comments column.
Death certificates are located at the St. Louis County Recorder’s office. Information on obtaining these records for genealogy requests can be found on the St. Louis County website.
- Cut down large results sets by adding information – for example, the range of years the death could possibly have occurred.
- If you’re not finding your person, try making the search less specific – eliminate the middle name, broaden the date of death, search “Starts With,” using fewer letters (for example, Anders vs Anderson).
- If you’re unsure of the exact spelling of the name, type in as much as you’re sure of as a “Starts With” search. (For example, “Starts With” search for “Anders” will bring back “Andersen,” “Anderson,” and “Andersson.”)
- You can reorganize a result set by clicking on any column header.
- Sometimes a person was commonly known by their middle name. If you’re not finding your person, you may want to try the first name in the Middle Name field, or even, as a last resort, in the Comments field.
- Click on the below for tips on a specific search field.
Start Your Search Here:
Didn't find what you expected? Email the library and the staff can help with your search.