Notary Public Services
Notary Public services are available at the Main Library located at 520 W. Superior St.
Depending on Notary Public staff availability, notary services will be offered Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Walk in appointments may be taken, but please contact the library (218-730-4221) to confirm that a Notary Public will be available on the day and time you need service. Notary service and availability is not guaranteed.
- Staff will not notarize wills, birth, death, or marriage certificates, trusts, gun sales, deeds, titles, I-9 forms, depositions, or real estate transactions. Staff will not notarize any documents requiring verification of facts.
- Staff will not notarize any documents in other languages than English.
- Staff cannot advise on forms, documents or notarial acts to be used.
- Staff may not notarize original birth, death or marriage certificates.
- Staff cannot serve as witnesses for identification purposes.
- Duluth Public Library notary staff are not attorneys licensed to practice law in Minnesota and may not draft legal records, give advice on legal matters, including immigration, or accept fees for legal advice.
Patrons seeking notarizations must bring:
- Unsigned documents to be notarized
- Originals of any documents to be copied and notarized
- Either a government-issued ID (tribal IDs are valid) or a witness. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must
- verify on oath or affirmation that they personally know the individual whose documents are being notarized, and
- provide a government-issued ID that is either current or expired not more than three years