Memory kits are for people with dementia, memory loss, or cognitive impairment. They are intended to stimulate conversation or reminiscence with a person with cognitive issues.
Our kits include a collection of resources and items that allow users an opportunity to engage in conversation about their life experiences.
What's in a Memory Kit?
- Interactive activity (such as a puzzle, bingo, games, or conversation cards)
- CD with soothing or memory-sparking music
- Book with colorful illustrations created for people with memory loss
- Caregiver's Guide to Dementia by Laura Gitlin
- Tip sheet and booklist
Types of Memory Kits
- 5 kits for Early Stage Dementia - Green Bag
- 6 kits for Mid-Stage Dementia - Red Bags
- 1 kit for Late Stage Dementia - Blue Bag
How it works:
- 4 week checkout - 2 renewals
- Kits may be reserved
- Kits may be picked up and returned at any Duluth Public Library location
- Kits may be interlibrary loaned by Arrowhead Library System cardholders
Memory Kit Press Coverage
If you have any other comments or suggestions, email us!
In this Section
Memory kits are made possible by a partnership with: