Information Display Policy
The Duluth Public Library is pleased to offer general information for the public via bulletin boards, literature racks and handout tables. Please be aware of the following rules for using these areas:
- Priority is given to Library, City of Duluth, and other government-related information. In the branch libraries where space is more limited, priority will also be given to neighborhood and city events.
- If space is available, additional material (e.g., handouts, flyers, posters, notices) of a civic, cultural, educational, or recreational nature may be accepted for display or distribution. Publicized activities must be open to the public.
- All materials dropped off for posting must be approved by the Public Relations Office.
- Typically, notices about upcoming events will not be accepted more than two months prior to the event.
- Staff may limit the number of copies of material for public distribution.
- Fundraising information, other than fundraisers by the Friends of the Duluth Public Library and the Duluth Library Foundation, will be posted at the discretion of the Library's PR staff. In general, fundraisers that serve a larger public interest will take priority over fundraisers that benefit a specific individual or small group.
- No petitions, surveys, solicitations, or similar activities will be approved. Campaign literature will not be accepted for display or distribution.
- If there is a dispute about displaying or distributing something, the Library Manager has the final decision.
- Bulletin boards, literature racks and tables will be cleared on a regular basis.
- Distribution or posting of material by the Library does not indicate endorsement of the issues or events promoted by those materials.
The Duluth Public Library's policies are subject to change without notice.
Adopted June 27, 2017
Duluth Public Library Board